Dr. Wei Tan – Acupuncturist (R. Ac, TCMD, RMT, MBA )
Dr. Wei had a career in the investment management industry for many years before finding her true passion, pursuing a second career in alternative medicine. After obtaining her doctorate in Traditional Medicine and Acupuncture, she completed training in IMS (trigger point acupuncture) and neuro acupuncture (motor point acupuncture) with electrical stimulation. She combines the traditional approach with modern techniques to help achieve the optimal results for her patients. Wei specializes in treating acute/chronic physical pain and acute/chronic stress-related disorders.
Dr. Wei provides effective treatments that incorporate the following services:
- Meridian Acupuncture/Abdominal Acupuncture/Scalp Acupuncture/Acupressure for stress, anxiety, insomnia, digestive disorders, fertility issues, hormone imbalances, and weight management.
- Orthopedic Acupuncture and other sports medicine protocols, such as Neuro Acupuncture (Motor Point Acupuncture) and IMS (Trigger Point Acupuncture)
- Assessment and Treatment of pain due to postural imbalances/injuries
- Electrical stimulation for pain management
- Traditional Therapeutic Cupping, Dynamic Myofascial Cupping and Gua Sha to increase microcirculation as well as to improve immunity
- Herbal medicine for internal conditions.
- College and Association of Acupuncturists of Alberta
- Alberta Association of Traditional Chinese Medical Doctors
- National Health Practitioners of Canada
The entire team at Evolve Chiropractic & Wellness is looking forward to providing you with the highest calibre of care in Calgary’s Downtown Core.
Call us at (403) 474-7792 to book your Acupuncture appointment with Dr. Wei Tan today!