Information For MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident) Patients
At Evolve Chiropractic and Wellness, we understand that being involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) can be a confusing experience. That is why we do our best to communicate with your Insurance Adjuster and take care of all the paperwork for you, however, there are some limitations.
While each case is different, below is the protocol that most commonly applies to MVA claims. Your Insurance Adjuster may make changes depending on your individual case, so it is important to keep in touch with them.
- Complete an AB-1 Proof of Loss form. Your Adjuster may send you one or we can provide you with one.
- Your practitioner will assess you and complete an AB-2 Treatment Plan. This assessment can be done by a Chiropractor or Physiotherapist. We will submit all of your forms for you and will keep copies on file if you ever need them.
- Your Adjuster will send you a letter of approval under the Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols. The maximum number of treatments under protocol is 21 and they must be used within 90 days of the accident. We can only bill your insurance company directly for the first 21 treatments (or 90 days, whichever comes first).
- After 21 treatments or 90 days, we will submit an AB-4 Concluding Report to your insurance company stating that you have either reached your goals or require further treatment. Your practitioner will request the number of treatments that they feel you need over the next 12 weeks.
- At this point, your insurance adjuster will send you a letter letting you know how many treatments you have been approved for. They may or may not provide us with a copy.
- Your appointments going forward are now considered outside of protocol we will no longer be able to bill your insurer directly. You will need to pay for your appointments and submit the receipts to your adjuster.
- There are some government regulations that apply once you have finished your protocol treatments. Your adjuster should also provide you with this information.
- Before your insurance company will reimburse you for treatments, you need to exhaust any extended coverage you have and provide your adjuster with proof of this.
- Regardless of the number of treatments you have been approved for, there are government regulated maximums for some services.
- Chiropractic Care $750
- Massage Therapy $250
- Acupuncture $250
- Physiotherapy $750
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have. It is our goal to make this process run as smoothly as possible for you.
The entire team at Evolve Chiropractic & Wellness is looking forward to providing you with the highest calibre of care in Calgary’s Downtown Core.
Call us at (403) 474-7792 to book your appointment for a Motor Vehicle Accident Assessment today!