New Patient FormNaturopathic Medicine is a unique approach to primary health care that combines the latest medical research with natural interventions to support the body’s own healing abilities. Naturopathic Doctors are licensed primary care providers trained to ensure you receive optimal, holistic medical care. At Evolve Chiropractic and Wellness, Dr. Courtney Babcock & Dr. Jatish Kalar are pleased to offer their Naturopathic services and look forward to working with you in reaching your health goals.
The Practice of Naturopathic Medicine
The practice of Naturopathic Medicine integrates traditional natural therapies with the latest scientific research. Accurate diagnosis is accomplished through a comprehensive health history consultation, thorough physical examination, and modern laboratory testing. After this information is gathered, an effective and unique treatment plan is developed for each patient which addresses the presenting symptoms while also treating the root cause. Whether the nature of a condition is acute or chronic, the holistic approach of Naturopathic Medicine promotes improved health of the body, mind, and spirit.
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic Medicine is the art and science of stimulating the body’s natural healing processes. Naturopathic medicine addresses the causes of disease rather than merely masking symptoms. Patients are empowered to take responsibility for their own health by removing barriers to wellness through dietary and lifestyle changes while receiving treatment and guidance from their naturopathic doctor. Ultimately, this alternative health care approach helps patients to achieve the level of health and wellness that allows them to get the most out of life.
- First, to do no harm.
- Support the natural healing process of the body.
- Identify and address the root cause of the disease.
- Treat the whole person.
- Teach the basis of health and self-care.
- Focus on prevention.
There are many reasons to seek out Dr. Albas’ care including:
- Stress/Adrenal Fatigue
- Acute / Chronic Pain and Inflammation
- Cardiovascular disease (Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention)
- Digestive and Bowel Concerns (IBS, Crohn’s Disease, Colitis)
- Immune conditions
- Skin Conditions (Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne, Chronic Hives)
- Anti-aging & Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Disease prevention (Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease)
- Acute and Chronic Cold and Flu
- Mental Health Concerns (Anxiety, Depression, OCD, Insomnia)
- Neurological Concerns ( Memory Changes, Migraines, Parkinson’s)
- Hormonal Concerns (Fertility, Menopause, Thyroid Concerns,
- Autoimmune conditions (Lupus, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
- Weight loss
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue
- Musculoskeletal Conditions (Arthritis, Osteoporosis)
- Smoking Cessation
And much more!
Methods We Use To Treat Patients
We use a variety of tools to treat patients according to their individual needs:
- Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Botanical Medicine
- Clinical Nutrition
- Lifestyle Counseling & Stress Management
- Physical Medicine
What to Expect
The first Naturopathic visit consists of a comprehensive assessment completed in approximately 60 minutes. During this visit your health concerns are thoroughly discussed along with a review of lifestyle variables such as diet and nutrition, stress management and exercise strategies. A complaint-specific physical exam may also be performed. Initial treatment guidelines will be discussed.
The second visit is normally 45 minutes in length. At this time any remaining information that is relevant to the diagnosis will be obtained and you will be given further components of your treatment plan.
Visits are later performed as needed to assess progress and address any new concerns. These can last anywhere from 15 – 60 minutes.
The entire team at Evolve Chiropractic & Wellness is looking forward to providing you with the highest calibre of care in Calgary’s Downtown Core.
Call us at (403) 474-7792 to book your Naturopathic Medicine consultation today!